Uganda Community & Wildlife Safari Tour
Duration: 10 Days
Starting from: USD$1,726
- Rates are per person and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
- Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
Enjoy this community cultural experience among the Gisu people on the Eastern end of Uganda combined with a wildlife safari to a National Park of your choice.
The Gisu people are one of the tribes living along the slopes of Mount Elgon in Uganda and speak the Lumasaba language, they are believed to originate from Uasin Gishu plateau of Kenya and the tribe birthed as a result of the mixing of peoples of different origins and cultures. Visit this part of the Country with us to learn about this fascinating tribe
OR CALL OUR SPECIALISTS
Best time to go
June to August and December to February (Drier trails make for easy mountain gorilla tracking)
June to September (Gorilla permits need to be booked long in advance at any time of the year)
Experince the Uganda culture through the source of nile, to Sipi Falls beautiful scenery and up the nile to the magnificent Murchison Falls for unforgettable wildlife adventure.
Things to consider:
- Mid-range tour – Accommodated tour
- Group Tour – The tour is run for more than 2 people at a go
- Can depart any day? – This tour can depart any day
- Can be customised? – This tour can be customized
Minimun require age – Suitable for ages16 and older
Tour Summary (See full day-by-day for more details)
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Kampala (Uganda) – Getting there & away
- You’ll visit Kamapala (city), Jinja the Source of the Nile River, Mbale Communities,Sipi Falls Murchison Falls, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Activities: Big Five Game Tracking, Game Drive, Bird Watching, Game Drive, Site Seeing
- Getting around: 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
Arrive Entebbe International Airport. You will be picked by our driver/guide and transferred to Kampala city where you will spend the night today. Depending on your time of arrival, we will take you for a city tour and also get you oriented with Ugandan money and culture. Arrivals on Sunday morning or early afternoon can allow for a cultural dance and drum extravaganza.
Dinner and overnight in Kampala Accommodation alternatives: Red Chilli Hide Away, Cassia
Lodge, Serena Hotel
Source of the Nile, village house
Today we will drive East through Jinja where shall visit the source of the Nile river we shall then proceed to a town called Mbale were we shall have lunch. After lunch we will shop for all necessities before we drive to our village house where we shall spend the rest of the week.
Dinner and overnight at village house.
Today we will take a village walk which will see us visit several village family units and see how people live here. On this walk, you will be welcomed and hosted to a drink or something to eat from time to time. Ready your appetite! And at some stops you could even receive a live chicken and a bunch of bananas for food. The people here are very generous despite their own conditions. We will get to see the people’s primary income earning practice – Agriculture and how they carry it out daily. The people in this region of Uganda grow Arabica coffee for income as well as a lot of bananas.
Dinner and overnight at the village house.
Today we will, look for a local market and get an experience of how the locals go about their trade in the rural region of Uganda. The markets in the region run in different locations on different days of the week. Traders have a weekly schedule of where the trade is happening and that’s where they take their goods some in small quantities and some in large quantities. Some of the traders carry all of their stock in push bikes and it’s a lot.
Dinner and overnight at the village house
Today we will drive to Sipi Falls. This is a series of falls right on the edge of Mount Elgon an extinct volcano towering to 4,321 meters (14,177 ft) above sea level. This is an ideal place to relax and ponder on your village experience. Today we will take a walk through the village to the bottom of Sipi falls. If interested, one could go abseiling off the cliff right at the falls.
Dinner and overnight at Lacam Lodge.
Kampala, souvenir shopping
Today we will depart Sipi Falls and drive to Jinja where we shall have lunch. We will then proceed to Kampala where we shall visit the craft markets to shop for souvenirs and depending on what day of the week it is, we could take you for the African dance and drum extravaganza.
Dinner and overnight in Kampala, accommodation alternatives: Red Chilli Hide Away, Cassia Lodge, Serena Hotel
Murchison Falls National Park
We depart Kampala early and drive to Murchison Falls National Park, via Luwero and Nakasongola making a stop at the Zziwa Rhino sanctuary for Rhino tracking. Have lunch at the Rhino canteen or Masindi depending on your time flow before entering the park. We will head straight to the top of Murchison Falls where the world’s longest river explodes violently through a narrow cleft in the Rift Valley escarpment to plunge into a frothing pool 43m below.
We will then drive to dinner and overnight accommodation alternatives: Red Chilli, Murchison River Lodge, Paraa Safari Lodge
Game drive, boat cruise
Early riser today, 0630am we head out on a game drive in the park to find; Wildlife populations have largely recovered from the poaching of the 1980s; in the lush borassus grassland to the north of the Nile, elephant, buffalo, giraffe and a variety of antelope are regularly encountered on game drives, while lion are seen with increasing frequency. We return to Red Chilli to relax and lunch. After lunch, we will take a boat cruise on the Nile River. The Nile itself hosts one of Africa’s densest hippo and crocodile populations, and a dazzling variety of water birds including the world’s most accessible wild population of the rare shoebill stork.
Return from the boat and transfer for dinner and overnight at Budongo Eco Lodge
Rhino Ranch Kampala
Wake up to a relaxed breakfast and then head out for a briefing before entering the forest accompanied by a Forest guide for a chimpanzee tracking experience besides learning more about the forest vegetation and other features. On return from the forest with bags packed head out to Kampala with a stopover to track the Rhinos at Zziwa Sanctuary and have lunch there before continuing to Kampala and dropped off for dinner and overnight, accommodation
alternatives: Red Chilli Hide Away, Cassia Lodge, Serena Hotel
Today, is your day of departure. Possible activities are a city tour including the local markets, the taxi park and souvenir markets. Transfer to the airport for evening flight out.
End of safari
By Road (4×4 Custom Safari vehicle), it will take you around 5hours from Kampala with about 305 km. Paara covers a distance of about 85km from Masindi town by the shortest route.
- Red Chilli Hide Away – budget,
- Cassia Lodge-mid – mid range,
- Serena Hotel – up-market
- Meal plan: B-L-D
Murchison Falls Options:
- Red Chilli – budget
- Murchison River Lodge – mid -range,
- Paraa Safari Lodge – up-market.
- Meal plan: B-L-D
Jinja, Nile options
- Black Lantern,
- 2friends Hotel – mid range,
- Wild Waters Lodge – up-market.
Meal plan: B-L-D
Included in the price
- Ground transport
- An English speaking driver/guide
- A visit to Sipi Falls
- A boat activities in the park as indicated
- A chimpanzee permit
- A gorilla permit
- A hike to the foot hills of Mount Rwenzori
- Game drives as indicted
- A visit to the source of the Nile
- A village experience
- A visit to Lake Bunyonyi
- Either water rafting or bungee jumping
- Accommodation for 20 nights
- Meals as indicated against each day.
- Park entry fees
- 2litres of bottled water daily while in the vehicle
- Entry visas and flights
- Items of personal nature/tips/laundry
- Personal insurance
- Sodas/alcohol/ teas and extra water
- Extra meals and activities
Other Safari Options
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Tracking Safari
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safaris
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
- 5 Day Kidepo Valley Safari
- 4 Days Mgahinga Gorilla National Park Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Primates Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Community & Culture Safari
- 12 Days Class Uganda Safari, Magical Kenya, Zanzibar Holiday
- 14 Days Classic Africa Safari
- 21 Days Wildlife & Community Safari Experience