Most Popular Uganda Safari
Duration: 7 Days
Starting from: USD$2,298
- Rates are per person and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
- Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
Safari highlights: chimpanzee tracking in Kibale forest, a boat launch on the Kazinga Channel, gorilla tracking in Bwindi impenetrable forest and wildlife game drives in Queen Elizabeth and Lake Mburo National Park. Come and see Uganda on our most popular Uganda safari.
OR CALL OUR SPECIALISTS
Best time to go
June to August and December to February (Drier trails make for easy mountain gorilla tracking)
June to September (Gorilla permits need to be booked long in advance at any time of the year)
This safari begins and ends in Kampala/Entebbe.
Our trip begins with a scenic road trip to western Uganda to Kibale Forest national park. Kibale National Park (formerly Kibale Forest NP) is the best place for chimpanzee tracking in Uganda. There are 13 species of primates that have been recorded in the park, which is the highest number in Uganda. Aside from chimps, several species can usually be found on the primate walks. Birds and butterflies are abundant.
By road we’ll drive down from Kibale to the most famous park, Queen Elizabeth national park for a boat ride on kazinga channel and optionally, the tree climbing lions of Ishasha. Queen Elizabeth National Park is Uganda’s most popular savanna reserve and has the widest variety of wildlife of any Ugandan park. The variety of habitats include grassland savanna, forests, wetlands and lakes. This provides the setting for an extensive range of large mammals and primates. Four of the Big five are present and regularly seen. Rhinos are absent.
The Adventure will take you to the southwestern Uganda, Virunga mountains to Bwindi Impenetrable forest to experience the breathtaking mountain gorillas. Bwindi is a pristine rainforest on the edge of the Albertine Rift Valley. The terrain is a string of ridges and valleys covered in very dense impenetrable forest. Bwindi Forest is the best place in Uganda to track mountain gorillas. The park protects half the world’s population and has several habituated groups. The forest is also a bird-watcher’s paradise with 350 species recorded, including many Albertine Rift endemics.
Before we end this famous Uganda safari, from Bwindi we’ll stop over at Lake Mburo national park for a walking safari. This scenic little park, close to Kampala, is home to several wildlife species not easily seen elsewhere in Uganda. These include – Rothschild’s giraffe, Burchell’s zebra and impala. Although elephants are absent from the park, there is plenty of other wildlife to see. This is the only park in Uganda where people can view savanna animals on foot, from a mountain bike, horseback and in a vehicle.
Things to consider:
- Mid-range tour – Accommodated tour
- Group Tour – The tour is run for more than 2 people at a go
- Can depart any day? – This tour can depart any day
- Can be customised? – This tour can be customized
Minimun require age – Suitable for ages16 and older
Tour Summary (See full day-by-day for more details)
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Kampala (Uganda) – Getting there & away
- You’ll visit Kamapala (city), Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Lake Mburo National Park
- Activities: Gorilla Trekking, Game Drive, Bird Watching, Site Seeing
- Getting around: 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
Kampala – Kibale National Park
You’re picked up in the morning by your guide and driver for the safari from a hotel in Kampala or Entebbe to proceed to Kibale Forest National Park, the most accessible of Uganda’s major rainforests. Kibale is home to a remarkable 13 primate species, including the much localized red colobus and L’Hoest’s monkey. Kibale’s major attraction, however, is the opportunity to track habituated chimps – these delightful apes, more closely related to humans than to any other living creature, and are tremendous fun to watch as they squabble and play in fruiting trees.
Dinner and overnight accommodation options: Rwenzori View Guest House-budget, Primate Lodge cottages-mid range, Kyaninga Lodge-upmarket.
Kibale National Park – Queen Elizabeth National Park
Chimpanzee tracking – after breakfast, we will embark on the popular chimp tracking and this experience lasts from 2 to 4 hours. A network of shady forest trails provides much to delight in for botanists and butterfly lovers, if you love birds; you are in for a treat with 335 species recorded including the endemic Prirogrine’s ground thrush. After this exciting experience return to your accommodation and get the bags ready to transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park.
Dinner and overnight accommodation options: Simba safari camp –budget, Ihamba Safari Lodge-mid range, Mweya Safari Lodge – upmarket, meal plan: B-L-D
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Early riser today, 06:00am grab a coffee and out to catch the lions, hyenas hunting before they disappear into the thickets. Other animals to see on the game drive are; cape buffalo, the handsome Uganda kob, warthog, elephant, leopard, waterbuck. At 03:00pm, take a cruise on the Kazinga channel a haven for over 600 bird types, hippo, crocodile, Cape buffalo.
Dinner and overnight options: accommodation options: Simba Safari Camp –budget, Ihamba Safari Lodge –mid range, Mweya Safari Lodge – upmarket, meal plan: B-L-D
Queen Elizabeth N.P – Bwindi National Park
Wake up to a relaxed Breakfast before continuing to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park host to the Mountain Gorillas. Arrive to check in, relax or go for an evening village walk or souvenir shopping in the local craft shops.
Dinner and overnight accommodation options: Buhoma Community Rest Camp –budget, Haven Lodge –mid range, Mahogany springs – upmarket, meal plan: B-L-D
Bwindi National Park
After 06:45am breakfast, head to the information center for a briefing before embarking on the long awaited trek. Gorilla tracking may last only 3 hours or up to 8 hours or more of the day sometimes with rain overhead so be prepared with sturdy hiking boots, waterproof jacket. After a satisfactory trek, return to lodge for a well-deserved hot shower and rest.
Dinner and overnight accommodation options: Buhoma Community Rest Camp – Mahogany springs –upmarket, meal plan: B-L-D
Bwindi N.P – Lake Mburo National Park
After a relaxed breakfast with great memories of the mountain gorillas depart Bwindi heading to Lake Mburo National Park the best place in the country to see the gigantic eland antelope, as well as zebra, topi, impala, and several acacia-associated birds. On arrival to the park enjoy the drive en route to the overnight accommodation. Wildlife her include: the elusive leopard, jackals, hyenas, zebra and the newly introduced giraffes among others.
Dinner and overnight accommodation options: Lake View Hotel – budget, Lake Mburo Safari Lodge – mid range, Mihingo Lodge- upmarket, meal plan: B-L-D
Lake Mburo N.P – Kampala
Wake up for an early breakfast before going out on a safari on foot – a nature walk in the park accompanied by an armed ranger. Return from the safari on foot to embark on the drive to Entebbe with a stop to buy souvenirs and have lunch at the equator.
Head to the airport for a late night flight home. Meal plan B-L
End of safari
By Road (4×4 Custom Safari vehicle), it will take you around 5hours from Kampala with about 305 km. Paara covers a distance of about 85km from Masindi town by the shortest route.
- Red Chilli Hide Away – budget,
- Cassia Lodge-mid – mid range,
- Serena Hotel – up-market
- Meal plan: B-L-D
- Rwenzori View Guest House – budget,
- Primate Lodge – mid-range,
- Kyaninga Safari Lodge – up-market.
- Meal plan: B-L-D
- Simba Safari Camp-budget,
- Ihamba Safari Lodge-mid-range,
- Mweya Safari Lodge-up-range.
Meal plan: B-L-D
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp-budget,
- The Haven Lodge-mid-range,
- Mahogany Springs-up-market.
Meal plan: B-L-D
Lake Mburo Options
- Lake View Hotel Mbarara – budget,
- Lake Mburo Safari Lodge – mid-range,
- Mihingo Lodge – up-market.
Meal plan: B-L-D
Included in the price
- Ground transport
- An English speaking driver/guide
- A visit to Sipi Falls
- A boat activities in the park as indicated
- A chimpanzee permit
- A gorilla permit
- A hike to the foot hills of Mount Rwenzori
- Game drives as indicted
- A visit to the source of the Nile
- A village experience
- A visit to Lake Bunyonyi
- Either water rafting or bungee jumping
- Accommodation for 20 nights
- Meals as indicated against each day.
- Park entry fees
- 2litres of bottled water daily while in the vehicle
- Entry visas and flights
- Items of personal nature/tips/laundry
- Personal insurance
- Sodas/alcohol/ teas and extra water
- Extra meals and activities
Other Safari Options
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Tracking Safari
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safaris
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
- 5 Day Kidepo Valley Safari
- 4 Days Mgahinga Gorilla National Park Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Primates Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Community & Culture Safari
- 12 Days Class Uganda Safari, Magical Kenya, Zanzibar Holiday
- 14 Days Classic Africa Safari
- 21 Days Wildlife & Community Safari Experience